Talk about getting the lead out...
Bay Ridge firefighters were quick to respond to a 911 call about a mercury scare at the NYC transit facility on Fourth Avenue and 64th Street last week.
Witnesses said firefighters seemed to be coming out of the woodwork after the call was made at 3:40 p.m. on December 10.
But the entire thing ended up being nothing but a false alarm -- or at least an unplanned exercise for New York’s bravest.
A hazmat team investigated the substance, which was first believed to be 15 pounds of mercury left in a bucket, but soon learned that it wasn’t mercury or any other harmful element.
©2009 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.