This spring, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute (WMI) presents public events at Carnegie Hall and in neighborhoods across NYC.
• April 1 at 2 p.m., there is a free Neighborhood Concert: The Harlem Quartet, A Sphinx Ensemble at the Kings Highway Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library, 2115 Ocean Avenue; call 718-375-3037.
• April 10 at 3 p.m. is the free family-friendly Neighborhood Concert: Falu at the Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Parkway; call 718-638-5000.
• April 18 at 4 p.m., the Moët Trio will perform a free Neighborhood Concert at the Central Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library. In demand equally as concert soloists and recitalists, Yuri Namkung, Yves Dharamraj, and Michael Mizrahi formed the Moët Trio in 2005 and have performed throughout the US extensively ever since.
• April 27 at 3 p.m. enjoy the Lidia Kaminska Trio for a free concert at the Brighton Beach Branch of the library, 16 Brighton 1st Road; 718-946-2917.
• The Fisk Jubilee Singers are vocal artists and students at Fisk University in Nashville who perform worldwide. In 1871, the original Jubilee Singers introduced “slave songs” to the world and were instrumental in preserving this unique American musical tradition known today as Negro spirituals. The Singers will perform a free family friendly Neighborhood Concert on May 19 at 7 p.m. at the Emmanuel Baptist Church, 279 Lafayette Avenue in Brooklyn; 718-622-1107.
For a complete schedule of concerts, visit www.carnegiehall.org/communityprograms.
©2010 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.