“Sea-Lo,” the rare gray-hooded gull that landed in Coney Island last month, has been missing for nearly a week.
Birders from across the country are searching up and down the east coast to try to locate the shorebird that has only been seen once before in North America.
Ornithologists have developed several working theories about what exactly happened to the perky little shorebird:
• It has been riding on the Soarin’ Eagle the whole time.
• Became an integral part of the Carl Kruger investigation and had to be relocated.
• Theophilus London hired it to manage his Timez are Weird fall tour.
• Took the role of Konstantin Gavrilovich Treplyov opposite Maggie Gyllenhaal at the Brooklyn Academy of Music’s Checkov retrospective this fall.
• It got priced out of Surf Avenue and moved to Bensonhurst.
• Lost looking for old landfill at Spring Lake.
• Joey Chestnut ate it.
• Appearing nightly in between innings at MCU Park.
• It is actually a common herring gull and this whole thing is a hoax.
©2011 Community Newspaper Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.