Brooklyn crime

Detectives search for fearsome foresome seen fleeing homicide scene

Police are looking for four suspects who may have played a role in the July 4 execution-style slaying on E. 48 Street where a man was shot twice in the face.

The victim, 33-year-old Kalieb Jones, was shot to death inside the doorway of his home between avenues J and K shortly after 5 pm.

Witnesses told responding officers that two men and two women were seen running from Jones’s home following the incident.

No arrests have been made, but detectives are confident they’re on the right track.

“The Detectives know where they’re going with this,” a source from the 63rd Precinct said.

Jones was no stranger to the criminal justice system. Police say the victim had been arrested 48 times on host of charges that included assault, petty larceny, harassment, and marijuana possession.

This is the second killing to take place in Flatlands in as many months. An 18-year-old was gunned down on Flatbush Avenue near Brooklyn Avenue on May 15. Police believe the May slaying was gang related.

Anyone with information regarding the July 4 killing is urged to contact CrimeStoppers at (800) 5778477. All calls will be kept confidential

Reach reporter Colin MIxson at cmixson@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260-4514.

TVM from 50s says:
Not only was my BROTHER MURDERED BUT IS IT REALLY NECESSARY THAT THE ——ING MEDIA THROW DIRT ON HIS NAME?

WHOEVER WROTE THIS ARTICLE- Go —— yourself!

Almost 20 years of my life's memories & LOVE- STOLEN WHEN THEY TOOK HIM
July 9, 2012, 7:16 pm
Ching from flatlands says:
R.I.P WISER. Love Yah Homie. I never got to beat you in chess. I wish I could just hear your voice again and have our political and philosophical debates right on the corner of Utica and H. Your murderers will reap what they've sown. They didn't need to slander your name in this article. You were a GOOD dude!!!
July 10, 2012, 4:18 pm
Bebe from Canarsie says:
OMG!!!!!! Wise, my love, my sweetie, my heart why they do this to you??? ***crying inside*** I got the news to late. Aimerz is deeply affected by all this —— u already know. I wish I knew where u were so I can say goodbye. Thank you for making me the Woman that I am today ;( SBD till the day I die .#salute
July 31, 2012, 1:13 pm
Faith from Crown Heights says:
Its been a month and change since you've been gone Wiser. I miss and love the friendship that we had. You were and always will be a great and dear friend to me. RIP Wiser!! The media knew nothing about you. You were a very funny and intelligent man. So rest my friend! Love always Fay
Aug. 30, 2012, 1:04 am
Shaq/SJD from Flatlands says:
Rest In Peace Khalid (AKA) Wiser. You will Be Dearly Missed. Its Kind Of Hard To Believe That This Happened To You. Every Time I think About It I Just Think To My Self That Its Not True, Or It was Just a Bad Dream. But When I Seen You Lying In Your Casket, I Bursted Into Tears. It Was A Sad And Depressing Day. But Justice Needs To Be Served, And If Not God Sees Everything. Karma Is A ——. And To The Writer Of This Crappy Article- Don't You Dare Disrespect The Dead. He is Dead Now, So What Does It Matter If He got Arrested. Do You Think He Wanted To. How Would You Feel If You Died and People Spoke Crap About You And Your Past. SMFH!!!!!!!!! They Should Have Let Me Write The Article.
Dec. 28, 2012, 1:46 am
Shaq/SJD from Flatlands says:
One More Thing Author, You Didn't Need To Put Him On Blast. Now On Some Real Sugar Honey Ice Tea, Didn't Your Parents Teach You Some God Damn Manners?? Huh? ..........Hmm?
Dec. 28, 2012, 1:52 am
Souljah from DuPont, WA says:
Indeed it is sad that we live in a World where killing another Brother is truly the norm! To know So many fought and died for us colored people to be able to have the opportunities we have today and to see how use less
people are using those opportunities is disheartening to say the least.
Brother Wiser like the brother above stated, was a good man. All the mentioned so called charges in the article are PETTY. I can see if Wiser was a murderer, rapist, pedophile, etc. Nevertheless, what goes around comes right back around. The senseless participants into Wiser's murderwill be haunted by this for the rest of their lives!
Feb. 11, 2013, 12:57 pm