Steven Cymbrowitz vs. Ben Akselrod
What was first considered a gentleman’s campaign has been anything but. Akselrod has attacked the six-term legislator on a number of fronts, but Cymbrowitz refuses to bite back.
• Won the assembly seat in 2000 following the death of his wife, Assemblywoman Lena Cymbrowitz.
• Chair of the Environmental Conservation Committee’s Shoreline Protection Subcommittee.
• Age 58, married.
• Immigrated to the United States from Russia at the age of 18.
• Former Community Board 15 District Manager. Currently a manager at a nursing home.
• Age 39, married, five children.
• Akselrod accused Cymbrowtiz of being a debate dodger after the pol decided to attend a Russian movie event instead of discussing the issues with his challenger.
• Akselrod called out Cymbrowitz for not taking a side on the controversial Voorhies Avenue mosque, even though the house of worship is not in the legislator’s district.
• Cymbrowitz prides himself as “The only secular Jew in New York City who votes in favor of yeshivas and against immorality” — the “immorality” being gay marriage, which the legislator oppossed.Reach reporter Colin MIxson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (718) 260-4514.
©2012 Community Newspaper Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.