Politics is a messy business, but it’s a lot more palatable when everyone involved has had a few drinks. In celebration of our nation’s healthy and functional democracy heading into this year’s presidential debate season, The Brooklyn Paper has compiled the following list of Obama-vs-Romney–themed drinking games that are perfect to play at home, or at the bar. Remember to drink — and vote — responsibly, Brooklyn.
• Take a shot of booze every time someone in the crowd talks about their Republican relatives in a swing state.
• Order an old-fashioned and ask the bartender for hand-chipped ice every time either candidate evokes “Main Street” and “Wall Street” in the same sentence.
• Order something with kale in it if Obama mentions his time living on Second Street in Park Slope.
• Ask for a buy-back every time someone points out that they paid a higher tax rate than Mitt Romney’s 14.1 percent in 2011.
• Take a shot of rare whiskey every time someone brings up an obscure fact about Mormonism.
• Order an imported beer every time someone, ironically or otherwise, starts chanting, “USA! USA!”
• Drink if Mitt Romney tries to bet anybody $10,000 or more.
• Drinks on you, for everyone in the bar, if either candidate mentions New York State.
• Ask for a sip of your neighbor’s drink anytime Mitt Romney says, “Welfare state,” “socialism,” and/or “food stamps.”
• Steal a sip of your neighbor’s drink anytime Barack Obama says “fair share,” “tax cut,” or “richest Americans.”Reach reporter Eli Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (718) 260-2531. And follow him at twitter.com/emrosenberg.
©2012 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.