Gerritsen Beach couple claims half of driveway for use as garbage dump

When is a shared driveway not a shared driveway?

Good fences may make good neighbors, but a shared driveway can sometimes have the opposite effect.

Two Gerritsen Beach families are battling over a shared driveway running between their houses, with one couple claiming the right to pile anything they want on “their half” of the mutual property.

“If I want to put a zebra on my half, I’m gonna put a zebra on my half,” said Irene Boday, who blocked the alley by piling garbage and junk next to the house she shares with her husband Frank.

JoAnn Keely, the Bodays’ neighbor, had been living happily on Allen Avenue for 30 years until, about 10 years ago, the Bodays moved into the house next door, which shares a driveway with hers. The new neighbors soon began lining the side of the driveway nearest to their house with wooden planks, sandbags, and assorted junk, marking what they consider to be their portion of the driveway, blocking all traffic.

But that’s not the way shared driveways are supposed to work, according to Bay Ridge attorney Jim Wagner.

“It’s not split down the middle,” he said.

In addition to misunderstanding the concept of “shared,” Boday seems to have trouble with the “driveway” part, too.

“A shared driveway is not used as a driveway,” Boday said.

On the contrary, the property’s deed does, indeed, establish the alley as an easement for use as a driveway — an arrangement that Wagner says is rarely controversial among Brooklyn homeowners.

“A lot of people have shared driveways,” said Wagner. “It’s pretty common, and most people are neighborly and work together. Unfortunately, there are some people who exist like that, and you can’t force neighbors to be neighborly.”

And apparently, you can’t ask the city to enforce easements either, according to Keely, who says she’s requested help from the Department of Buildings, the Police Department, and the Fire Department with no results.

On the Department of Building’s website, the agency refers to a complaint Keely made on Oct. 5 as a civil dispute between neighbors and took no action.

Keely’s complaints brought visits from city inspectors, but no violations. Still, the Bodays have retaliated in several petty ways, such as writing “EAT S---” in black paint on the side of their backyard doghouse facing Keely’s home, as well as placing a statue of a hand displaying the middle finger in a window visible from Keely’s dining room.

At one point, Irene Boday threw bleach on Keely’s laundry. Later, in a small claims court decision, a judge ruled that Boday maliciously destroyed Keely’s property and owed her reparations, according to Keely, who’s still waiting for her money.

“There’s something mentally wrong with them,” she said. “They’re crazy.”

There appears to be no love lost on the other side of the driveway, either.

“She can drop dead,” said Frank Boday. “I’ll stay here forever.”

Keely’s only option for dealing with her neighbors may be to file suit in Brooklyn Supreme Court, which, according to Wagner, is an extreme and expensive alternative to what should be resolved through a civil discussion.

“She’s going to spend a lot of money for something that should be settled by two neighbors sitting down,” the attorney said.

After all she’s been through, Keely has faith that she’d win in court, but little faith that it would do any good.

“I probably would win and they’ll tell him he has to leave it empty and he’ll just do it again,” she said, “and laugh.”

Reach reporter Colin Mixson at cmixson@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260-4514.

Phyllis Grady from Gerritsen Beach says:
I have seen this mess in the driveway. Not only does this person get away with the drive , but no action has been taken about his cars which one is allowed to block the drive and both of them are covered. I would think that there would be a problem if an emergency happened and with all the crap it would be dangerous to walk down the driveway.
July 25, 2013, 4:57 pm
Francine from Gerritsen Beach says:
I feel terrible for JoAnn Keely. Everyone knows that shared driveways are shared and you can't leave your junk in them. Who are the local representatives for the area who can help with this situation? Someone needs to go and difuse the neighbors anger and get these neighbors talking and the the driveway cleared.
July 26, 2013, 4:53 pm
Kris from GERRITSEN BEACH says:
JOANN is such a nice WOMAN ALWAYS KEPT HER HOUSE AND PROPERTY CLEAN. THE BODAYS ARE JUST WHITE TRASH THEY LEAVE THE DOG SH--BAKING IN THE SUN OR WASHING IT UUNDER THE GATE INTO HER YARD FROM HIS NUMEROUS DOGS I THINK ASPCA SHOULD BE CALLED ON THEM ITS INHUMAINE HOW THOSE DOGS OR CHILDREN HAVE TO LIVE. TREATS HIS HANDICAP SONS AS SLAVES THEY WERE OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF SANDY HOLDING DOWN THE TARP TO THE CARS THE WHOLE HOUSE AND YARDS AND ALLYS IS LOADED WITH GARBAGE HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR CHILDREN OR ANIMALS TO DWELL THEY SHOULD BE CHECKED FOR EVERYTHING IVE PASSED THE HOUSE MYSELF AND BEEN HARRASSED AS WELL I FEEL BAD FOR ALL HIS NEIGHBORS AND FAMILY
July 26, 2013, 7:08 pm
Jack meoff from Gb says:
Blah blah blah
July 27, 2013, 3:58 pm
Joe from Gerritsen Beach says:
I've known JoAnn for over 40 years. She's a quiet person & gets along with everyone. The neighbors before the Bodays were like family to her. It's disgusting how the Boday's are making her property and the whole block look like the slums!
It's unfortunate that her husband is not alive to help her out.
Hopefully by this being published someone can help her.
July 28, 2013, 12:50 am
###### from gb says:
JoAnn is not a great person . People are sooo tough when they can comment. Say it to there face I doubt any of u will
July 28, 2013, 12:58 am
Allen Ave neighbor from Gerritsen beach says:
Please! Everyone on Allen Ave knows what the Boday's are like! Just look at their property!!!! What a joke!
July 28, 2013, 1:57 am
Julie Keely from Gb says:
I'm Joann's daughter in law. I would be glad to say it to your faces. Seems whenever I'm out front not one of you come out and if you do, you only say things to Joann. She does NOTHING in retaliation to your "fart machine, boom box that blasted on a static for an entire day last summer while nobody was in your dog —— coated yard as we had children trying to enjoy the yard. I'm not one for bashing somebody but come on. As a woman, you cannot be proud of the filth that lays beside your home. If you think the filth that lays there is right then maybe you have some serious issues. I for one will not be intimitaded by any of you. I wish you could name ONE nasty thing Joann has EVER done to you. But I'm sure you can't.
July 28, 2013, 2:26 am
Julie Keely from Gb says:
Just an FYI Irene you worthless excuse for a woman, Greg's father passed of a brain aneurysm. What exactly does that have to do with your family being a bunch of filthy pigs?
July 28, 2013, 2:38 am
Shane G from Port Trevorton PA says:
I would like to say that Joann is one of the nicest and open hearted woman that I have met. I had the pleasure of meeting Joann when I went up with some friends to help with hurricane Sandy relief. Joann opened her home and her heart to complete strangers to help the surrounding community. I seen this trash between the houses first hand when I was up there. I feel for Joann and I hope that these neighbors stop being so heartless and try to be as caring and selfless as Joann is, instead of being so heartless...
July 28, 2013, 2:41 am
ryan from sunbury,pa says:
wow I dont know them but i do know aunt julie and im sure her mother in law is a great person and does not need some slime balls like that next to her they need to get a life clean up your garbage, grow up and learn respect...
July 28, 2013, 3:12 am
irene boday from gb says:
Listen julie keely come say someting to me u noe where I live. Saying that joann does nothing to my family is a complete lie u noe what she has done. She wants to call on my home. And to everyone else I don't know who any of u are to say anything about me or my family —— all of u u are all the white trash. Have a nice night
July 28, 2013, 3:25 am
Rick Sinko from SUNBURY PA. says:
I was one of the volunteers. That came to gerritsen beach after the hurricane Sandy . Me an my crew helped many people in the area. We came to help with donations an to help people rip out drywall an whatever they needed. An not once did we ask for a dime..we came with no where to stay an this wonderful ladies named Joanne took us in an fed us an let is take showers for me an my volunteers. For 3 plus days. We slept there an everything she was amazing an she just met us. I seen this mess beside her home an it is despicable the way the neighbors. Live there with there garbage. So many people lost so much. An people that were not effected by the storm like her neighbor an they live like pigs. So please someone needs to take care of this situation an make them clean their mess up asap. Thank you Joann for ur hospitality when we came to help the great residents of your community.
July 28, 2013, 3:38 am
nick boday from gb says:
I am sooo sick of everyone bashing my family. Keep my family names out of your mouth. All of u are wayyyyyy to old to be acting like little ——ing kids. What any of us do is not your business. Worry about your lives. It is garbage that is on our property u do not like the way iooks than there's an easy solution. Don't ——ing look
July 28, 2013, 3:52 am
DEE HARDY from GB says:
This is so sad that JoAnns Neighborhood have to bully her. I guess they don't have anything else to keep them busy. Its just so wrong to keep any garbage lined up next to your house. Garbage does nothing but cause health hazards Its a feeding ground for rats and termites and bugs. Love thy neighbor.
July 28, 2013, 5:10 am
Karen from GB says:
I've known Jo Ann for over 30 years it is terrible what her neighbors are doing to her. if you want to be a pig keep it in your house. Make sure your get your infomation correct before you talk. Jo Ann's son does not Hate her. Her husband died of a brain aneurysm. She has always been a very caring person.
July 28, 2013, 6:47 am
Dan P from GB says:
I have known JoAnn for like forever..we met as teenagers....one of the nicest people I have ever met. I notice that HER side of the driveway is clean and neat, there are no curse words directed back at the "people" next door on her side. The few comments here supporting her "neighbors" almost all are profane and hate filled or threatning. Its a shame that people choose to live their lives in an attempt to make others miserable, they may not pay for it here, but someday they will have to answer to a higher authority and I think we all know how thats going to go!! Theres still time to change Bodays.
July 28, 2013, 7:20 am
cathy Longo Arment from Masten Lake says:
I am one of JoAnn's dearest friends since 1965. She has the purest, most kind, loving heart. Her only "fault" is she is always worried she might hurt someone's feelings.
I have been hanging out with her at her Allen Ave. home since she and Richie bought it. We had the best times. I was horrified years ago watching the trash build up from the Trash who live there. Someone PLEASE help my dear Friend. EVERYONE who REALLY knows JoAnn can't help but love her!
July 28, 2013, 7:50 am
Harry from Brooklyn says:
I have known JoAnn for almost 40 years and have to say that u really don't know her to be making these comments. I have never I don't think heard her raise her voice not even at her own kids. I have not been in the GB part in awhile and didn't see the mess until this summer. The neighbors mess and the way they live was astonishing to me that people that have kids could live so unsanitary. If I had to choose a bums life I would they keep less garbage. Also I remember when talking with her almost at the point in tears that she was disturbed and commented that she wish the neighborly relationship was the opposite. The dog house comments and trash is the behavior of a childrens act. I think its time to clean up and live like how a human should and part your separate ways if use can't apologize.
July 28, 2013, 8:20 am
Robert Keely from Staten Island says:
I'm JoAnn's brother-in-law.
JoAnn is the most loving, caring people I know. She goes out of her way to help people, has many friends who love her and doesn't deserve the treatment she's getting from these people next door.

To Nick: She can't NOT look....She lives there and has to face this garbage abnd abuse every single day.

To the rest of the Boday family:
Did JoAnn do something to you?
What horrible thing has she done to deserve this kind of treatment?
Do you enjoy living like this?
Do you not have any respect for yourselves at all, not to mention respect for the people who have to live around you?

I know what it's like to live next to horrible neighbors but JoAnn has it 10X worse than anything I've ever seen. it's not the way anyone should have to live.

Anyone from any city agency reading this who can help to get this situation looked at please do something. It's been going on for too long and it's mind-boggling that the city hasn't stepped in to address the violations that seem to exist on this property.
July 28, 2013, 8:30 am
denise says:
all i can say is the bodays are lucky they live next to joann. anyone else probably would have done a job on them by now, but joann, being the nice person she is, just takes their abuse.
July 28, 2013, 9:11 am
Julie Keely says:
Irene, calling on your house? Really? She's been forced to make calls. Are you completely blind to the fact that the piles make your family look awful? Up until the piles began, I would say hello to your family when if I was out at the same time. I just don't understand the purpose of it. Is it just to annoy Joann? You say she's not nice because she called whomever on you, but didn't you kind of force her hand?

Also, Irene, I will not get into a mouth battle with you in public. I'm much more mature than that. If you want to talk, we can talk like civil human beings. Maybe there's some kind of neighborly solution that can be found, something that pleases both of you. Maybe entertain the idea of a fence down the center so she doesn't have to see you, and you don't have to see her.
That would certainly be a better idea than knee high sand bags and random pieces of wood with rusty nails sticking out.
July 28, 2013, 9:54 am
chris Boday from GB says:
Internet p****s say it to my face right now come to my house will talk man to man/ man to women
July 28, 2013, 10:56 am
FG from GB says:
I'm a childhood friend of JoAnn's. During storm Sandy, JoAnn's family whom lost part of their home was staying with her. Her friends were fed, took showers and she washed several loads of clothes for us as her male adult neighbor would stand in his yard and laugh! Any negative comments made regarding JoAnn can only be coming from the Bodays. Writing Eat Sh-t on one's doghouse is a real sign of what these people are like!!
July 28, 2013, 11 am
Meredith Vitucci from Bensonhurst says:
I am JoAnn's former daughter-in-law, and I was around when the Bodays moved in. They are nothing but crass, filthy, ignorant low-lives.

I remember clearly when they would PURPOSELY hose the dog feces from THEIR yard into hers. I remember when Irene threw bleach on the clothes, and I have SEEN the garbage piled up in the driveway.

JoAnn does NOT deserve this. She's a good woman who gets along with almost anyone. Anyone else would have been spiteful and retaliated against these morons, but she is just trying to live in peace, and the Bodays, who REDEFINE white trash, are making that impossible.

Oh, and FYI, JoAnn's husband passed away from a brain aneurysm, you ignorant twit.
July 28, 2013, 11 am
chris Boday from GB says:
stop saying suff when u live in gb and know no one
July 28, 2013, 11:02 am
chris boday from gb says:
yo meredith know what ur talking about before u post and EVERYONE STOP POSTING ON THE INTERNET AND COME AND SAY THESE COMMENTS TO MY FACE
U CANT CAUSE UR NOT MEN OR WOMEN
July 28, 2013, 11:07 am
Julie Keely says:
Chris I will be in GB all day tomorrow, right next door to you. If you happen to see me outside and would like to talk, feel free to come out and talk. Don't hide and scream things at me, you'll go ignored and it won't hurt my feelings one bit. I'll also be sure to get any interaction on video. I'm not going to sit here and call you names from behind a computer screen. Nor will I stoop to your level of ignorance and stand in the street and call you names. There's no need for name calling. You're getting worked up and just showing your true colors by making childish remarks. I honestly thought you were more educated than that. Also, nobody is bashing, you've been outside, and you can't say that any of this is lies. There is trash and such all down the side of the house, it's unsanitary. The proof is in the pictures.

As I've said before, I will not be intimidated by your Family.
July 28, 2013, 11:13 am
Meredith Vitucci from Bensonhurst says:
Dear boy, I DO know what I'm talking about.

You see, I lived in Gerritsen Beach for years, and have seen the damage your family has done to that house. And not only was I THERE when your family desecrated that home you moved into, but I've seen the way your family has treated JoAnn.

And I know JoAnn. The woman has never raised her voice, or gotten into a serious argument with ANYONE. She just wants to live in peace & quiet, in the neighborhood that she has called home for at least 40 years, a neighborhood that would be much better off if your family left for the wilds of Alaska or the Appalachians.

As far as saying my comments to your face? I feel no need to expose myself to whatever diseases infest your home. I am simply defending a GOOD WOMAN who doesn't deserve to be treated this way.
July 28, 2013, 11:17 am
kris says:
Wonder y frank is saying nothing he's been hiding behind his wife n children more n more people tried being nice to him n his family but he turned around and started trouble i know tons of families on allen that welcomed them like family from baby supplies to fixing things to giving them things so y dnt he come out n say y he started all this n maybe it could b resolved so everyone dont have to be ashamed of the block n the smell even the sweet people next door cant deal with the look or smell n want to sell the house but noone wants to live next to them dnt u see the pattern look at urself before u start throwing stones
July 28, 2013, 11:17 am
kris says:
U all brought this on ursrlves having people come say it to ur face what could u say about the trash n bashing signs statues n things uve aimed as that poor women
July 28, 2013, 11:23 am
Larry from Bay Ridge says:
I can smell the stink coming from the Boday house all the way on the other side of South Brooklyn.
July 28, 2013, 11:28 am
Suzanne Willets, Esq. from Brooklyn Heights says:
I am a probate attorney and have worked in both real estate law and zoning and property law. Given the details from the article, I'd say that there is a very clear way to solve the situation. I'm not sure if Ms. Keely has filed official complaints with the residential zoning department, or not. If she hasn't, she needs to. There are several statutes in residential zoning law that provide that driveways held commonly may only be used as driveways by both owners for vehicular access to the backs of their respective homes. If one owner impedes access by the other, an official complaint should be filed. This would be followed up by an inspection, which would clearly fail. The owner at fault would then have 30 days to clear up the driveway. If they failed to do so, then an injunction would be filed. If three such injunctions are filed within the same year, the city would remand the entire driveway, and "gift" it to the plaintiff. The neighbor at fault would lose the driveway, and their property would become devalued. It's called the S-statute (S for Solomon, referencing the biblical king who gave guardianship of a child to the woman who argued with another over the parenthood of said child, but was willing to give up her rights to the child rather than see it torn down the middle in equal parts). It may take another year, but it can be done. Problem would be solved, and the guilty party would hurt where it counts.
July 28, 2013, 11:52 am
Ed from Brooklyn says:
Now last I recall "Garbage" should be taken out; NOT left in a driveway/alley. Common sense.....Maybe
July 28, 2013, 12:17 pm
Rose from Marine Park says:
Bodays, I'm friends of JoAnn's family, I've seen your juvenile scarecrow hug in front of your house, pointed at Joanne's With the point of a KNIFE facing her! FYI, May is NOT Halloween!!! Monopolizing PUBLIC parking spots with your so-called "antique" LOL, piles of metal is also pretty inconsiderate. Other people live there that have OPERABLE vehicles & need the spots.
Oh & Mr.& Mrs. Boday, you may want to take an updated class in GRAMMAR, because both of yours is horrendous!
BTW... You still CAN'T come up with ONE bad thing this woman has ever done to you! Have a nice day all.
July 28, 2013, 12:25 pm
Jim from Sunbury, Pa says:
Joanne is such a nice lady for someone to be treated like this is crazy. If it was a public shared street something would have been done about this a long time ago. Not only is it rude but stock piling trash and other stuff make the houses look like trash. Something should be done about this matter. Joanne pays her taxes and the police should step in.
July 28, 2013, 12:38 pm
Stephanie DiBari from Upper East Side says:
I don't have a driveway. I can't afford to park a car where I live. Who are these horrible Bodays? MONSTERS! They have TWO gifts -- a driveway AND really great neighbors -- and they abuse both! I feel for the Keelys; I really do. I hope the Bodays leave...move...go far, far away. They don't deserve to be in New York or the East Coast. They have no concept of sharing or of being good neighbors. They should go out west where they can live all alone, surrounded by wind-swept desert or something. My sympathy is 100% with the Keelys. I hope the law does something to help them. And those Bodays -- they sound like dangerous people -- after all, they do property damage! They might do something even worse. New York would be better off without them. I hope the Keelys win this fight!
July 28, 2013, 1:45 pm
Frances from Bergen Beach says:
Mrs. Keely I would go online a lodge complaints daily. There is an easement between properties and no one can use it or build on it.
July 28, 2013, 1:58 pm
Kathleen Olsen from Gerritsen Beach says:
I have known Joanne Keely for over 40 years. She is a very kind and giving person. She would go out of her way to help people. Her neighbors do not know her or her family! I really hope this problem can be resolved. She does not need this abuse!!!!
July 28, 2013, 2:15 pm
devils advocate from from judicial system says:
The question has been answered by a probate attorney. While at it charge them for the attorney fees, if not paid in a standard period of time I believe bench warrants can be issued. Stop messing with these white trash neighbors and hand it to them. Its time children get pit in place.
July 28, 2013, 3:19 pm
Beverly Jellinek from Sheepshead Bay says:
Joanne Keely's son and my son have been friends for over 25 years. I have met Joanne several times and have found her to be an upstanding person. My son is at her home several times a week and has only admiration for her. People have to learn how to share and get along. Boday's get your act together.
July 28, 2013, 5:18 pm
Samantha from G.B says:
This is so sad in so many ways, # 1 being the sickos are probably loving this attention. This all could have been avoided if they would have just cleaned there mess ( that never should have been to begin with) and kept their nasty comments to themselves ! Now that its out there what nasty people they are instead of bringing up nonsense about Joann they know nothing about , they will Fix the situation and Grow up ! Joann is a close friend and an Amazing , sweet and caring person who has dealt with this long enough !!
July 28, 2013, 8:24 pm
Darren O'Steele from Gerritsen Beach says:
JoAnn Keely spins a very nice tall tale. She leaves out many parts of her tale and how it has come to the Bodays doing anything possible to defend themsalves from her constant harrassment, unneighborly actions and down right near criminal behavior. Fight on Frank and Irene.
July 28, 2013, 8:35 pm
David Melin from Gerritsen Beach says:
Isn't it funny how Mrs. Keely has resorted to slinging mud in the press. If Mr. Boday and his family started slinging mud Mrs.Keely would drown in it. She may not like the sand bags or the look of the Bodays answers to her repeated malicious actions towards their family but oh well (in America we have rights). As for the shared walkway when the Government states your neighbor is within their rights they are within their rights. Stop whining.
July 28, 2013, 9:19 pm
Jesse H from former GB says:
I feel terrible for JoAnn. I have know her for years and ive been to her house many many times. She always mad me feel welcome. she is a wonderful women.
July 28, 2013, 9:21 pm
Jack Haley from New York says:
I have known JoAnn for over ten years. She is a wonderful woman who would never hurt anyone. She just wants to live her life in peace & safety. No one should have to put up with this abuse.
July 28, 2013, 10 pm
Samantha from G,B says:
What shared driveway, the trash way you mean. Do you have flies all around your house, do you have comments made to you every time you step outside your house, Do you have the smell of dog crapp coming in your window ? Oh and does your neighbor have " Eat Sh***" wrote facing your house where your children or grandchildren can see ???
So stop whining !!!
July 28, 2013, 10:30 pm
Julie says:
Oh Darren... Please explain how she harasses The Boday Family? If you think that piling broken open sand bags down the easement is defending themselves the you're just as dillisional as they are. As for downright criminal behavior, you're ridiculous.

David, if you seriously think Joann has a malicious bone in her body you're probably not the brightest crayon in the box. I will challenge anybody that thinks she would do something harmful. She's not the one placing rotted wood planks with rusty nails sticking up down the easement. My son nearly fell last year and had he fallen on one of those rusty nails, I would be the malicious one.
July 28, 2013, 10:46 pm
Samantha from G.B says:
Joann we love you and you rock for having the guts to go public xoxo
July 28, 2013, 11:03 pm
xox from brooklyn says:
There are 2 sides to every story. The bodays do not bother any one stop throwing there name through the dirt. You do not know there side so stop ——ing commenting and being ignorant to things u do not know
July 28, 2013, 11:10 pm
Julie from brooklyn says:
yeah i agree xox joanne and her friends posting on this site should get there facts straight and get a life
July 28, 2013, 11:30 pm
? says:
How many fake names can we make ??
July 28, 2013, 11:41 pm
BODAY from gb says:
The last thing that want to do Is threaten my family. U want to do something come do it right NOW I will be waiting
July 29, 2013, 12:53 am
Joseph Blume from Sheepshead bay says:
That is the exact line of garbage i heard earlier when uncle Jim came by and tossed your trash from the driveway into your disgusting trashy filthy yard and you punked out by calling the cops . Lets make one thing clear you don't know me I know you are a bunch of losers if I get one more complaint from Joann or Greg and Julie while they are there I promise you will not like who I am so go back and listen to your Brittany spears Justin bieber —— you listen to and think real hard about your next step
July 29, 2013, 1:23 am
Fred Perry from Former Gerritsen Beach Resident says:
I'm not sure which is sadder, that an adult would write "Eat Sh*t" on their dog's roof or that we've all been sucked into this childish, pseudo-voyeuristic "story."

Grow up, become and adult and solve your problems like civilized people. We've all acted immature at one point or another, but there has to be a time when you realize name-calling, threats and intimidation are the tools of a schoolyard bully. Bully's win some battles, but usually lose the war...and a bunch of teeth.

PS - To the author of this piece, you should really read Robert Frost and stop perpetuating the false connotation of "Good fences ... make good neighbors..."
July 29, 2013, 5:54 am
Christopher Twist from Brooklyn descendant says:
Robert Frost would laugh out loud at your "pseudo" intellectual response. Based on the number of comments this story generated it touched a collective nerve and the introductory line was both clever and spot on. Hmmm, come to think of it, that opener generated enough interest for you to read the entire "voyeuristic" piece. Great story Mr. Mixson! Get a life Mr. Perry.
July 29, 2013, 5:30 pm
Ed from Marine Park says:
Wow.

Calling people white trash is insulting and counterproductive, not helpful. Being a bad neighbor is just as juvenile. I decided a few years ago that chivalry has not only died but it took with it compassion, cooperation and manners. I can't think of a more clear example of the loss if civility than both the story that lead to this thread and the thread itself.

I just feel bad for their kid(s). It's pretty clear that this is how they've been raised and now they think they need to fight for their parents. Sorry guys, your parents may be doing nothing illegal, but it certainly isn't helpful, cooperative or appropriate behavior.

Unless this woman has thrown bleach on your clothes, left messages intended to intimidate or offend you facing your home and took over half of your driveway for "storage", you really don't have the right to do any of that stuff back.

Only you can change you. All these hateful and hurtful posts, whether you think it's appropriate or "enough is enough", aren't doing anything but stoking the fire.

Good luck and God bless to all those involved. What a horrible situation.
July 29, 2013, 5:50 pm
TIM from Marine Park says:
Unless you live under a rock you have heard of this feud. I have been privy to hearing both sides. I am surprised Mr.Boday has not erected a wall down their shared driveway. Having heard Mrs. Keely rant and rave about Frank and his family and what she wants to do, have done to them, she is nuts. I believe the reporter would be better served going and investigating her. Gerritsen Beach will get past this also. It comes down to MYOB.
July 29, 2013, 9:37 pm
John from Gerritsen Beach says:
How come the cars can be covered not showing there plate or dmv stickers in the window and not be ticketed. I thought the plates and reg and inspection stickers and to be visible why is the 61st pct not giving those cars tickets. I would move out and rent the house to a police officer this non sense would come to a end fast shame on the 61st pct.
July 29, 2013, 9:59 pm
MD from Marine Park says:
I have known Joanne for about 20 yrs. We worked together at the DOE. She is a well liked and friendly woman who always got along with EVERYONE! It's a shame that her neighbors have gotten away with this for this long. Has anyone called the board of health?
July 30, 2013, 8:05 am
Educated Woman from GB says:
Notice all the immature responses all have horrible grammar. Most likely because they've all come from the same uneducated family. I don't think anybody that will or has posted previously takes the Boday's very seriously. All those that know the Keely Family know that her son isn't a drug addict, he doesn't drink nor smoke.
Aug. 1, 2013, 1:02 pm